a few days (What do you want, we’re a lot busier now…) A month and 1/2 ago, we spent the week at camp. It was intended to be a 50/50 split of vacation and work and that’s just about what it was.
We were able to get the rooms framed in and prepped for electric and insulation. Now the real work can begin. Looks like we might just be able to make it usable this winter after all.
On the vacation side of things we had some fun.
- Delilah spent some time playing in the stream
- Took lots of four-wheeler rides (and Delilah got hooked)
- Spent some time at the beach at Higley Flow State Park
- Went geocaching and found a really nice new spot very close by along the Raquette River
- Took Delilah on her first mountain climb up Arab Mountain
- Went out for Ice Cream
- Played on the playground (where Delilah learned her new love of old-school metal slides)
- Ate lots of great grilled food (including lots of corn)
- Built Delilah a house out of a large cardboard box
All in all it was a great week. Love getting to spend some quality time with our family.
UPDATE: Since this post was written a month and 1/2 ago and just posted today… more progress has been made on the camp. The insulation and electric work is complete, all corners/windows have been framed with rough cut (and painted) 2×4’s and the siding is going up.